So I did the block of the month presented by Three Creative Studios, and this is the result -- I named it "Wild Ride" a while back because it is seriously bright, way more than the photo would have you think!
Before that, though, there was the beta version... I had this idea that it needed a "sizzle strip" -- and hey, why not bright orange?
And then one of my friends had done a border with diagonal seams recently and maybe that would be cool on this, using some of the fabrics from the blocks?
No, no, no. I didn't realize exactly how bad it was until I downloaded the photos. I'm showing it here only as a cautionary message to all of you: less is indeed more.
And here's my tip of the week: your quilting rulers are not just for quilting! The other morning at about 5, there was this huge commotion (oh, not again) involving Bucky and a mouse; this resulted in them being locked in the bathroom (again) until I was ready to deal with it. Strangely, 2 hours later the mouse was still alive, hiding behind the little tiny trashbasket. Apparently it never occurred to Bucky to move it aside! I trapped the mouse with the base of my salad spinner and picked it up with the 12" ruler.
I thought about trying to get a picture of the mouse from underneath, but I hadn't had any coffee yet and I just knew I'd end up letting him loose in the house again! Instead, he was dropped in some shrubbery and took off like a flash...