Saturday, January 28, 2017

Deep Purple

It's the last Rainbow Scrap Challenge Saturday for January, and I have a big finish to show off! 

I pretty much emptied my bin of purple scraps! There's a little of everything in there, including a couple of precious Laurel Burch cats...figs.. bees.   It will go off to the guild's collection for various children's groups.

On to February!

Saturday, January 07, 2017

rainbow scrappiness

This month's color is purple...

I started a set of blocks in purples and blues last year, but never made enough to do anything, so I've picked them up again.  Here are a bunch of new ones:

And I took some more purple scraps and made a set of coins -- I don't know what these will end up being.  There's a cute crayon pattern I saw on a blog recently, and it's a good bet this will end up as part of that quilt.

For 2016, I finished my quilt top of Fancy Forest animals -- you can find it on my last post, here.

Now I must go and clean the batting on my design wall.  Yikes!

Monday, January 02, 2017

a few 2016 finishes...

I thought I'd start the new year by posting photos of the last few things I finished up last year.  The first 2 are tops that I had quilted by Tami at The Quilted Lemon.  These were done with pantographs she adjusted to the size I wanted, and she is always helpful and does a lovely job!

First is a free pattern on the Cloud 9 Fabrics site -- with nice big pieces, so it was a quick project.


The next is an old Atkinson Designs pattern called "Fire Escape" that I did in batiks.


Finally, my Rainbow Scrap Challenge project -- now all together with the borders. This is from Elizabeth Hartman's "Fancy Forest" pattern, with my own arrangement, and using mostly hand-dyed fabrics from Vicki Welsh.  This is pretty much the only quilt I've made with a white background, and I love the way the colors pop!


I also finished a cotton blouse that has been in the works for so long I can't remember -- either 6 or 8 years.  I dug it out of the closet a few months ago and had to re-invent what my plan was, since it seemed to be cut out in a variety of random sizes.  Then it sat for a couple of months more, just needing the sleeves hemmed!  

Finally, an up-to-date photo of Lucy and Linus.  They've developed an appreciation for quilts and quilting -- I now have to throw a sheet over anything on a flat surface that isn't meant to be a cat bed...