Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Blogger's Quilt Festival


It's time for the annual virtual quilt festival, hosted by Amy's Creative Side.   I'm lazy this year so I'm only entering one quilt -- the one I just put binding on this afternoon!


This is all batiks from my stash, except for the border.  It's a pattern called Sea Glass by Kim Brackett, from one of her scrap-basket quilt books. I used a similar, but slightly darker, color scheme.
It was quilted beautifully by The Quilted Lemon.

And it wouldn't be a post from me without an element of cats.  Here's Linus acting out "the prince and the pea" on the quilts waiting for binding.



Ivan is helping me with some paperwork...

 And Zoey has recently joined the family because I wanted a girl! She's been here about 3 weeks  and seems to be acclimating and holding her own with the boys pretty well.


8 comments:

Julie said...

This looks beautiful, is it all batiks? Love Linus on it too.

desertskyquilts said...

It's aptly named, because it reminds me very much of sea glass I have seen. A beautiful quilt! I'm so glad you shared it on the Festival. Your cats are too cute. My son has two Russian blues, and they can keep us entertained for a long time.

Karen S said...

It is a lovely finish and just in time. Love all those beautiful batiks you have used.

Quilting Babcia said...

I love this quilt, the colors just shimmer across the surface. The photo of Linus reminds me so much of our cat Kannika many years ago. They could be twins.

Tami Von Zalez said...

Totally in love with your blue, green and purple batik tones. Well done!
And the kitty cats are absolutely lovely ~

JanineMarie said...

Lovely color scheme! I'm glad you got this done in time for the festival.

audrey said...

Love the effect of the subtle 9-patches. Great looking quilt!

Tu-Na Quilts said...

Beautiful color combination!