Tuesday, August 22, 2017

A few recent things I've made

First, the really big news -- after living here for 16 months (and being coached by his companion, Ivan the Terrible for the last 4) Linus has FINALLY become a lap cat!  I was squealing when I took this photo a couple of weeks ago.  Now, every time I sit down on the sofa he's right there.  He still won't climb in my lap if I'm in a chair, but we'll get there eventually...


When I was up in Seattle visiting my youngest brother in March, his wife asked for a pink quilt for their oldest daughter. She has many disabilities and I had made her a pink, weighted quilt years ago that got used until the poly pellets started to leak out.  So, I pulled out everything pink in my stash -- this is the result.  I'm definitely "over" pink for the foreseeable future.  It's been finished and delivered!

This top got started as part of the rainbow scrap challenge last year (I think) and I decided it was enough.  It needs to be quilted and donated...

 Finally, I decided to try out a ruler I'd bought a while back -- the Quick Curve Ruler.  This is a pattern called Dancing Churndash that was quite easy to make, and uses my favorite Grunge as a background fabric. Not quilted yet...

No comments: