Saturday, January 07, 2017

rainbow scrappiness

This month's color is purple...

I started a set of blocks in purples and blues last year, but never made enough to do anything, so I've picked them up again.  Here are a bunch of new ones:

And I took some more purple scraps and made a set of coins -- I don't know what these will end up being.  There's a cute crayon pattern I saw on a blog recently, and it's a good bet this will end up as part of that quilt.

For 2016, I finished my quilt top of Fancy Forest animals -- you can find it on my last post, here.

Now I must go and clean the batting on my design wall.  Yikes!

9 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Glad you picked up your old RSC projects!! Those blocks are going to make a really nice quilt. Best of luck on your progress!

Sue H said...

OOooh, are you a Tana French fan also? I just bought The Trespasser for my Kindle, but haven't started yet...

Magpie Sue said...

I've seen those crayons too. They are very cute, nearly irresistible. Good luck this year!

gayle said...

Those crayons are adorable - they make me giggle every time I see them.
Your stacked blocks look like they'll be fun to arrange, especially when you have more colors to play with. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with them!

scraphappy said...

Looks like you are all set for a purple crayon. Great start to the new year.

Northern Deb said...

The wonderful RSC quilts that you ladies made in the past have convinced me to give it a try this year.

Cherie in St Louis said...

That's such an intriguing pattern. I'm sure your top will be stunning. I've considered making a stacked coins quilt again and again....hmmmmm, maybe you've pushed me over the edge to starting one.

Alison said...

These blocks are so unique and pleasing to look at! I love the "flow" of the blocks.

Fiona said...

that block is so effective all together
Hugz