Monday, January 02, 2017

a few 2016 finishes...

I thought I'd start the new year by posting photos of the last few things I finished up last year.  The first 2 are tops that I had quilted by Tami at The Quilted Lemon.  These were done with pantographs she adjusted to the size I wanted, and she is always helpful and does a lovely job!

First is a free pattern on the Cloud 9 Fabrics site -- with nice big pieces, so it was a quick project.


The next is an old Atkinson Designs pattern called "Fire Escape" that I did in batiks.


Finally, my Rainbow Scrap Challenge project -- now all together with the borders. This is from Elizabeth Hartman's "Fancy Forest" pattern, with my own arrangement, and using mostly hand-dyed fabrics from Vicki Welsh.  This is pretty much the only quilt I've made with a white background, and I love the way the colors pop!


I also finished a cotton blouse that has been in the works for so long I can't remember -- either 6 or 8 years.  I dug it out of the closet a few months ago and had to re-invent what my plan was, since it seemed to be cut out in a variety of random sizes.  Then it sat for a couple of months more, just needing the sleeves hemmed!  

Finally, an up-to-date photo of Lucy and Linus.  They've developed an appreciation for quilts and quilting -- I now have to throw a sheet over anything on a flat surface that isn't meant to be a cat bed...



6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love your Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt!! I may have to break down and buy the pattern.

Shasta Matova said...

I agree with Wanda, your Fancy Forest is incredible!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your 2 completed project turned out beautifully. Your RSC quilt is SEW cute!! You should have a good time quilting that one. Good luck!!

Magpie Sue said...

Your rainbow forest quilt is so much fun! I hope you can get it finished up before the year gets much older, just so you can enjoy it even more.

Cherie in St Louis said...

I love, love, love your Elizabeth Hartman RSC quilt. Wonderful!!!

Angie in SoCal said...

Love your RSC. It gave me an idea to use different blocks from a sampler I've decided to do this year instead of one block all year long. It's beautiful. Like all your finishes. Congrats.