Saturday, December 31, 2016

part of a rainbow

It's the last day of this year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge and I decided I'd better get my act together and finish one of the tops I started...  the rest are just little piles of blocks.

Edited to add: the top is all put together now, except a white border all the way around!  The pinks look a bit orange in the photo,and I could have spent more time arranging the colors...  but I try not to obsess too much.


This top is nearly done.  I didn't make it all the way through the rainbow, but it's big enough for me. The fabrics are almost all from the set of  Vicki Welsh's hand-dyes.


I just need to make one more butterfly for the space above the green fox (because the first one came out way too small for some reason!), and then add a few strips for fill-ins and sashing. I'm planning to finish it up this afternoon. Since the new butterfly will be purple, maybe I can make that count for January, too?

7 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Good luck with completing that quilt top! I'll be looking forward to seeing what scrappy projects you have in store for 2017.

Cathy said...

I love that Forest Friends pattern and your colors are sooooo delightful!! To tell the truth, I own the pattern and it is on my list to do this year at some point. Five color ways to do the full-sized quilt, and I can’t decide what colors, LOL! But I am going to watch yours come together to get ideas. Have a wonderful 2017!!

scraphappy said...

Such great colors! What a fun collection of blocks. The purple butterfly will make a perfect finishing touch.

Alycia Quiltygirl.com said...

Those are adorable!

katie z. said...

Way to go! (And, oh, how I love Vicki's fabric!)

Vicki W said...

Julie, I love it!

Northern Deb said...

Beautiful! One of my favorite rainbow quilts❤