Saturday, September 17, 2016

meager red sighting...

I've been AWOL from the Rainbow Scrap Challenge the last few months but decided to try to catch up a bit... so far all I've accomplished is this big scrappy star block:

and a handful of Barn Door blocks for this month's Block Lotto:

Other than that, I've been tech-editing a book of bags & pouches and made a few samples that I can't show yet, and pulled together this quilt top from a pattern called Ribbon Box Quilt that I found on the Cloud 9 website -- they have a bunch of interesting free patterns:

In cat news -- Lucy and Linus have discovered sewing!  I walked in on this scene a few mornings ago -- it's the first time I've seen them take an interest.

I found a fun book at the library called Cats in Hats by Sara Thomas and pulled out some yarn leftovers right away. My guys would never sit still for hats, but I found a couple of semi-willing subjects at Cat Town. Here's Jamie sporting a punk faux-hawk:
and Sinatra (he's got fabulous blue eyes!) in his party hat:

(no cats were harmed in the making of these photos...)

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

ha! love the hats! and I bet the cats hate it... I know my cat would! i'll check out that party ribbons quilt- looks like a good go-to baby quilt. was it hard?

Sandra Walker said...

OMG I love the cats in hats - must investigate this! Being AWOL is okay sometimes. I do love your red star block!

Scrap and quilts said...

LOL. Looks like the hat models were not too impressed with their new fashion statement. Happy to read the little note at the end of your post, lol. Love your red barn door blocks. Ribbon Box quilt is very interesting and intricate. Love it. ;^)

June D said...

Very nice projects!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looks like you've had a bit of scrappy RED fun this week!!

PaulaB quilts said...

love your red star block, so many lively fabrics. The Ribbon Box quilt is fascinating. Will check it out. Welcome back!

Kate said...

The cats in hats are so cute! Love the party hat on Sinatra! You've made a good start on the red. I'm still behind a bit on RSC too, so you are not alone there.

Marsha Cooper said...

I let myself "be too busy" to keep up with the soscrappy challenge too and just got back to it last month with the purple.