Friday, September 18, 2015

Quilty Orphan Adoption Event!

Quilting is more fun than Housework



I'm joining in with the Orphan Adoption event on Quilting is More Fun Than Housework  -- here's what I'm giving away:

Several (many) years ago I was in an online birthday swap, and my request was for fabulous house blocks. I did receive fabulous house blocks but I've never been able to get excited about doing something with them...

So, I am giving them away to someone who will create a lovely finished project for a charitable purpose.
There are 9 - 12" blocks and 3 - 9" blocks and the fabrics are all batiks. A couple of the blocks have some beads or other bling as embellishment.

The event ends on September 20 at 9 p.m. PDT and I'll use the random number generator if I get more than one request. This is a give-away -- no charge to you -- but I would like to limit my postage expenses to the U.S. only.

Check out the event website for more orphan opportunities!


8 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Those blocks are wonderful! Thanks for joining in with the adoption event. It will be fun to see who ends up taking them home. But of course not me - I am trying to get rid of projects myself :)

Kaitlyn Drinkwater said...

Would love to have those! I quilt for Covered in love, a charity that gives quilts to the families of patients who pass away on the hospital. Kat @ katandcatquilts.blogspot.com

Lara B. said...

Oh how fun... and tempting! Someone is going to have a ball with your house blocks. I too am giving away and paring down and just stopped by from the Quilty Orphan Adoption party to cheer you on.

maggie fellow said...

I would love to adopt these blocks. My 4 other friends and I are swapping house blocks this year and this would be a great way to add other blocks to add variety. thanks for doing this.
Maggie F

Mari said...

I would love to adopt this orphan! I can see the quilt already. They are lovely and would make a beautiful lap quilt. And most of the work is already done! Thanks for offering and good luck!

Debbe King said...

I think this is a GREAT idea and I am in love with house blocks****

QuiltSwissy said...

LOL. I house blocks! Last year I did a dog house charity quilt.

I am president of CAAWS (the oldest Animal welfare org in South Louisiana) and we raffle several quilts a year to pay for heartworm treatments. We pull dogs from 7 local kill shelters and everyone is generally HW positive.

Tu-Na Quilts said...

I may be too late but thought I'd throw my needle into the ring in the event you didn't get a chance to choose a "parent" yet. I've been looking for a quick project to finish for a friend's son who just got his second liver transplant and the silent auction/dinner is the end of Oct. Karen kthurn@bektel.com