Saturday, August 15, 2015

I've been inked!

Well, not in the sense of getting a tattoo...  I'm just not quite in that frame of mind!

But I did receive my bundle of "Inked" by Lynn Krawczyk -- just look at these lovely prints:

I'm ready to get the quilt-along going, and my plan is to do a medallion-style quilt.  I recently won a copy of The Modern Medallion Workbook (Janice Zeller Ryan and Beth Vassalo) which has lots of inspiration, but I also found a couple of older books on my shelf that have great border ideas: 60 Pieced Quilt Borders (Judy Laquidara) and The Border Workbook (Janet Kime)

Here's a little medallion quilt I made from a box of scraps a few years ago -- it's still one of my favorites: "Yello Kitty!"


So -- the "rules" for the quilt-along will be very simple:
- I set up a facebook group: "inked quilt-along" -- just ask to join and I'll let you in.
- you don't have to use the Inked fabric (although that's what sparked this)
- everything you do can be whatever size you want to make it
- you don't have to mail anything to anyone
- make a center block, or a center piece of some kind and post a photo
- then add borders and post photos as you go along
- that's it!

I'm planning on 2-4 weeks for each step, for my own schedule. If you want to work faster or slower, it's up to you!  I'll start posting encouraging words once there are a few participants.

3 comments:

imquilternity said...

I got mine too and love it all! Still thinking about what I'm going to do for the center block and I haven't been able to sew yet, but I'm hoping that changes in the next couple of weeks. I don't do Facebook so I'll participate from your blog. Hope lots of folks join in!

Terry in California said...

I haven't done a quilt along before. Count me in. Let me know if you need my info. I have been in the last couple of Cotton Robins.

Terry in California said...

I haven't done a quilt along before. Count me in. Let me know if you need my info. I have been in the last couple of Cotton Robins.