Saturday, January 31, 2015

blog feed question...

Is anyone out there using Feedly to read my blog?  Is it working?  Are you using another feed service that you really like?

I've discovered that Feedly is arbitrarily "dropping" some of the blogs I subscribe to -- for instance, it never fed me my post from last night!  A spot check found several other blogs I subscribe to where recent posts hadn't been included in my feed. 

Pretty annoying -- since the purpose of using Feedly is to NOT have to go and look at each blog individually to see if there's something new!  I've sent them an email to ask about it... although I have to say I'm not expecting much.

9 comments:

Dianne said...

I have the same problems you have with Feedly, Julie. I think the free version is fairly lame, because they probably want us to upgrade to the paid version. I did get this post of yours, though. Ever since the departed Blogger, it's been pretty much a mess, hasn't it? I've actually stopped blogging, which is a shame...

Dianne

sophie said...

I use the free version of Feedly and haven't noticed anything not showing up.

Brenda Gael Smith said...

I use Feedly and received this and yesterday's post just fine :-)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I receive your post through Bloglovin' and am fairly happy with it.

Kate North said...

I use Feedly as well. As far as I know, it doesn't not show me anything, though I can't be 100 per cent certain, as I don't usually click through to the blogs unless I have to, to see the content (or I want to comment, of course).

Sue H said...

I use Bloglovin, but it isn't as convenient as Google Reader was and I don't check it as often.

Julie said...

I just read on the Blogspot dashboard. I could never understand what the Google reader. I have a Reading list on my dashboard and it shows me everything.

imquilternity said...

I follow you on both Bloglovin and Feedly, but I must admit that Feedly is my favorite reader since it is the closest thing to Google Reader that I have found. Miss Google Reader so much!! Anyway, everything is fine on my end!!

Connie said...

I use feedly and I think I get all the posts, but every few days I close feedly and reopen it. That seems to take care of the missing posts for me.