Sunday, November 02, 2014

more tops...




I've been working on some oldies -- scraps & stash -- and have 3 new tops to show for it!

First up is a little top made from a charm pack labeled "Fresh Squeezed" -- so I'm calling this quilt "Citrus Heights" (which is a city in California, and probably a few other places). It came from a pattern on the Moda Bake Shop blog a while back. It's about 38" square.

This next one started with a raid on my box of 2" squares -- the blocks are 7x7 pieces and overall the quilt measures about 48 x 65. I recently discovered a group called "Quilts Beyond Borders" and this is going to be donated to them.

Last but not least -- this top includes a little set of batik dragonfly squares that I bought at least 10 years ago. When I was in Hawaii in July, I saw a log cabin-type quilt made with another little set of squares in the middle, and it reminded me that I'd never done anything with mine.  It took me quite some time to figure out where they were stashed, but now I have the basis for a baby quilt for the next one that comes along.


 

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Love these, Julie! I've been thinking about making something with 7x7 2" squares or even 14x14....your quilt is inspiring me!

Vicki W said...

I made a quilt with those citrus fabrics a couple of years ago. I really loved them. I love your quilt using them! I know it fees great to have 3 more tops done!

The Calico Cat said...

Love the one with all of the squares - you may be seeing a flattering copy out of me (eventually).