Friday, October 24, 2014

Bloggers' Quilt Festival

It's time once again to head over to Amy's Creative Side for the virtual quilt festival. If you follow the link and scroll down the page, there are links to all the separate category pages and information on how to vote for your favorites. 

Here is my entry -- it's from a pattern called "Quodlibet" (which can be defined as "a whimsical combination of familiar melodies") that I happened upon the last time I was visiting my in-laws in Madison, WI.

I'm really not sure what category to put this in -- so I think I'll just go with"small quilts" -- it measures about 45" square and the top is all batiks.

 Here's a detail of the straight-line quilting on the back:

and a bonus shot of the sunset a couple nights ago -- damn that telephone line!


19 comments:

Dianne said...

Wow! Gorgeous quilt, Julie! I really love the colors and the design. Looks like it was a fun quilt to make, too.

Vicki W said...

That is a beautiful quilt!

Sally Hurley said...

I love the colors and the design. Great quilt!

Shannon said...

I love all those browns and neutrals! What a great set of blocks/pattern to show off those fabrics. thanks for sharing!

Pattilou said...

Intriguing quilt. Love the design elements!

MegsAnn said...

Cute graphic quilt.

Kaja said...

As soon as I saw this I thought it looked like Roman mosaic, so great choice of title. This is original and striking - love it.

PersimonDreams said...

This is one of my favorite quilt patterns EVER! I live in WI and was lucky enough to take a class from the designer of it! You did a great job on it and it looks wonderful!!!!

JanineMarie said...

Beautiful! With the fabric choices and design, it's calm and exuberant at the same time. How can that be? But it is!

audrey said...

What a wonderful quilt! Love how original it is.:)

erin zinobile said...

nice quilt! you just reminded me that I wanted to make a quodlibet quilt for a while now. thanks!

Hilary Florence said...

This is a great design, but your choice of fabric really makes it.

Kim S. @ Leland Ave Studios said...

I love this quilt! It's gorgeous!

dq said...

Your quilt has so much character. I love studying it.

Jane said...

Great quilt! Thanks for sharing!

Cille said...

I really like your quilt, there's something very 'earthy' about the colors and fabrics and yet playful with the pattern. And I'm normally not a basics fan so it says it all I'm giving it a heart vote :)

CathyH said...

Such a pleasant colored quilt. Great job!

Allie said...

That is a beautiful quilt! The colors are very calming but the pattern really keeps your interest. I love it.

Quilter Kathy said...

I just love this quilt! I voted for it... it's amazing!