Friday, August 22, 2014

starts and finishes

These days, I pretty much consider something "finished" when I get the top done... quilting it is a bonus!  So I'm please to report a bonus this week:

This is "Canyon Dance" from a pattern by Tracy Trevethan.  It's Starr hand-dyes and a couple of African prints, all purchased at PIQF a couple of years ago. It's quilted with a spiral that expands gradually from the circular motif in the middle.

And I have a finished top to report -- this one was started up in the mountains a couple of months ago, and I finally got the borders sewn on.  It will probably reside in the flimsy closet until I figure out who gets it...


And finally, a new project that's  actually further along than this, now -- and you can see that I'm all over the map as far as color palettes go in this post!

This one already has a name -- A Squeeze of Lime -- and the blocks have now been sewn into columns.  I've been looking through books that have been on my shelf for a while, and picking out things to try with color combinations I haven't used before, or whatever else strikes my fancy on that particular day.  I have a ton of fabric on the shelves, and it's weighing on my brain -- so I expect there will be a few donation quilts in my near future, just to have fun and clear some physical and mental space...


5 comments:

Kate North said...

Ooh, I like that black and white and green one a lot (not that I dislike the others, mind you) - very striking!

Libby Fife said...

Well, I like all of these! That last one in particular is very striking-it's unusual in a really great way!

I remember the fabric weighing on my brain:)

Vicki W said...

Great projects! I really love the lime pinwheels.

Barbara C said...

These are all lovely, but that green really catches the eye.

Anita T. said...

I absolutely love the Canyon Dance quilt and your color selection is beautiful! I've been trying for weeks to find the pattern and templates needed to make this one. Do you have any idea where I might buy them? The designer's website no longer has correct contact information. Thanks for any help you can give me!