Saturday, August 02, 2014

Blocks and Tops

It's been a while...

Hubby Al did the sailboat race to Hawaii again -- 3rd time, and he came in 2nd this time! -- and we spent a very "chill" week on Kauai. We played miniature golf at a course that is also a botanical garden, swam a bit, read a LOT, and of course I had to visit my two favorite fabric shops...

While he was gone I actually did very little sewing,  but I did finish up another scrap top:

This is from "Quilting Is More Fun Than Housework", and it's one of Cynthia's Scrap-a-Palooza patterns -- although I changed the setting around a bit.

I also made some progress on my Tula Pink blocks -- more of these coming soon!


I've been absent from the Block Lotto for a couple of months, but I like the August choice a lot and decided to raid my little box of 5" squares and jump in:

Finally, I saw a little quilt that Kate made recently and found the book she used, online, for about $1.50 so had to have it!   This is a different quilt from the same book -- it's Wonky One-block Quilts by Marlous Carter -- using some random brights from the stash.

Next up: crazy hearts, a binding project, and maybe quilting up a few of the smaller tops that are cluttering up my closet...


1 comment:

Kate North said...

Ooh, haven't made that one yet - looks good :)