Monday, June 30, 2014

Progress report

I've managed to finish up a couple of flimsies recently, although it's taken more than a week to drag the camera out for photos of them...

This is from a pattern called "Quodlibet:" that I found at a shop in Madison WI last fall. All the other versions I've seen have darks where mine has lights, and vice versa -- I just had to be different.

And this is the Crayon Box top I made from a Bonnie Hunter pattern while on retreat in the mountains last month; I think it came together pretty well!

Last but not least, an actual finished object. This was the Planet Patchwork Christmas
Mystery from last year (not much of a mystery, in my opinion) that was quilted most beautifully by Alethea Ballard.  If you look at the black triangles and the border, you'll see the yellow chrysanthemums she scattered everywhere. 

  I have another quilt that Alethea did that's just waiting for binding and then I'll show it off...



5 comments:

Libby Fife said...

Hmm..I like that top one a lot. Blogger ate my comment?

Barbara C said...

Great looking quilts. The first one is very dynamic.

Dianne said...

Wow, these are all stunners, Julie! Especially love Quodibet...looks like fun to make, too! Did you buy the fabric along with the pattern or raid stash?

Vicki W said...

I love that first quilt! But, of course, a completely finished quilt is the best!

Kate North said...

Nice quilts, especially the top one - love the colours as well as the pattern.