Wednesday, April 09, 2014

waiting... and bargains

I am waiting for results of a couple of medical tests.  The answer could be not-so-bad, or pretty awful.  I'll have the results in a few days.

In the meantime, I am bargaining.  I should mention that I am not at all a religious person -- never have been -- and if pressed I'd probably have to say I'm an atheist.  But that doesn't stop me from bargaining with some higher power for good news.

Of course, I haven't really figured out what the bargain(s) should be.  A bunch of money to charity? Finally getting serious about losing another 20 pounds? Finding religion?  I just don't know...

I suspect that whatever the news is, I'll just deal with it.  (is there a choice?) But in the meantime I'm something of a jittery, unfocused, insomniac wreck. I'm not so much for prayers, but please think good thoughts on my behalf -- it can't hurt!

13 comments:

sophie said...

I'm crossing my fingers and sending good vibes your way. Maybe you can distract yourself with a project until the news–good or not so good–arrives.

Kate North said...

Keeping you in my thoughts. (And considering other bargains - sewing from stash for a year? Finishing all your UFOs, both sewing and knitting related?)

Vicki W said...

Been there! I got so wigged out one time that I had to take Xanax for a week until I knew what was going on. . Second time I was better but the waiting still sucks. I'm wishing the best for you.

Lois (AKA Onnie) said...

I will cross things for you!! I just went through the same thing and even though I have more treatment to go, the news I ended up getting after surgery and 2 months of worry is good! So hang in there. If you have quilting mojo, send it my way.

Dianne said...

So sorry for the stress you're having, Julie. I'm sending every good thought and crossing all fingers that the answer is a good one.

We're up again on 27 May. Hope to see you then.

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

I'm hoping that your results will be good and this is all a false scare, whatever it is that they're testing for. <>

Sheila said...

I will be thinking about you and hoping for the best. Good luck, dear.

Exuberant Color said...

I've been there too, with my diagnosis not being a happy one. Bargaining doesn't work. You will have the strength to deal with whatever the outcome is because waiting is the worst part.

roccagal said...

sending as much positive energy as possible your way Julie!

Cathy said...

Nothing but good thoughts from me coming your way. It seemed to work for my husband when he received word of some awful lab tests.

Sue H said...

Oh, so sorry to hear this, but will be sending lots of good thoughts your way. Hopefully you will have good news, and if not, you will find the strength to deal with it. All the best...

Libby Fife said...

I am not thinking of anything but a positive outcome. Can I do anything to help?

Jay said...

So sorry to hear you have to be stressed out...can you feel the positive thoughts coming your way? I am a Unitarian Universalist myself...ex-Catholic...so I know what you mean by the religion thing...I am with you on the good vibes though! And...look for a little something/something in the mail in a few days!!! Anticipate what it might be...might help take your mind of your worries!