Thursday, January 02, 2014

the new year's buzz

I resolve to visit my blog a little more often this year... like maybe more than once a month!

News:
- last call for the 2014 Cotton Robin. Visit the site here for details, and let me know if you want to join in.

- I started in on the Planet Patchwork new year's mystery, for some reason. I'm not big on repetition, and yet this project called for making 240 HSTs right off the bat!  Luckily there was time to prep a lot of stuff before January 1.  Even so, I'm not going to be done for a while -- this is just over 1/4 of the blocks I need to finish:
There are 20 different yellow and 20 different blacks in it; I've already named the quilt "Bumblebees".  The pattern is a bit disappointingly ordinary, for a mystery, but I think the finished quilt will be fun.

- I've also resolved to do more of the monthly Block Lotto blocks, and these are mine for January. The color balance is a little bit off, but it's a very interesting combination of chocolate, gray and purple. This is a month where I hope to win...
-  Finally, one of my little groups spent a day making bags in December.  This is a "Swag Bag" from Square Rose designs.  It's HUGE!  (that little string is a zipper pull, because I've been too lazy to find a piece of ribbon to use...)  I need to learn to read the dimensions on the pattern envelope before I make any more bags -- the last one was a little smaller than I wanted and this one is bigger than I really need.



1 comment:

Vicki W said...

I love the black and yellow blocks!