Saturday, September 07, 2013

things finished and started

I finally finished the first of two checkerboard quilts made from blocks I won on Block Lotto two (or more?) years ago.  I'm hoping to have the second one done by the end of the month, too -- it's a bit girlier and it has a destination...

And I finished a pair of socks that's been languishing since early 2012.  Each sock got done pretty quickly, but there was more than 15 months in between!


Finally, there's been a little Dreambird progress: I've got the pattern down and I like the yarn, but it's still fairly slow.  I'm going to set it aside for a week while I do my annual pilgrimage to the in-laws in Wisconsin -- this requires too much attention to the chart to do well on airplanes and while interacting with (or listening to) relatives!


1 comment:

Kathy S. said...

Love your block lotto quilt. (I think I see some of my blocks in there...) I really like how you put the solid squares in at random. It gives the quilt a lot of interest. Great finish in the socks!