Friday, August 09, 2013

something new...


My sister is a glass artist, among other things, and has gifted us with several amazing plates over the last few years.  So when I came upon a "groupon" deal for an introductory glass fusing class I decided to give it a try just to better understand what she was doing.  

The class was a week ago.  We cut and assembled our projects
and then the staff would fire it twice in the kiln for us over the next few days. I went by the studio this morning to pick up my plate...


Not perfect (damn, those triangles are hard to cut freehand!) but fun.  Now I'm eligible to go and use their "open studio" so next time my sis is up visiting we might just have to go and play a bit.


2 comments:

Libby Fife said...

Very nice! Hope you are doing well:)

Vicki W said...

Wasn't it so much fun? Are you going to get your own kiln now?