Sunday, August 25, 2013

My Day with Rayna



 Sad to say, I had never actually heard of Rayna Gillman before a month ago... but when my guild advertised a workshop with her to transform fabrics that we didn't like or just weren't excited by, I had to sign up!  I have a few of those in my cupboard.

 I had never used a silkscreen before, had some rubbing plates but didn't really know what to do with them, and decided a day getting dirty might be fun.  And it was, aside from my back hurting after standing on a hard floor for 6 hours!

 Here are my results -- the techniques include silkscreen, stencils, stamping, rubbing plates and other textures.  I already have plans for projects with a couple of these.


 







 If you have a chance to take a class with Rayna, I highly recommend it!  She's informative and instructive without being domineering about "the one right way to do it" as some teachers are.

2 comments:

Libby Fife said...

Lucky you! I used to follow her blog and always thought she had the right idea. Glad you had a good time:)

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Oh how fun! I met Rayna at the Empty Spools seminar that I attended in March this year. She had a great presentation on her work and it looked like the students were having a lot of fun with her too. Glad that you were able to attend this with your guild. :-)