Saturday, August 31, 2013

a better feather, and other stuff

I did a little yarn shopping yesterday and then power-knit through three episodes of "Orange is the New Black" (I am SO hooked on that show -- only three more to go!) So now I have a feather that will actually turn into a shawl:

The background is Cascade Heritage Silk, which is lovely to knit with, and the feather is Viking Nordys, which has a little more "halo" than I really wanted but has a nice feel to it.  I've got the hang of the short rows (and with the Cascade I can actually see where they are...) so it's looking a lot better!


In other news, I put together a little tote last week from a Quilter's Dream pattern called "Santa Barbara".  I wish I'd paid attention to the size description before starting out, or I would have made it just a little bigger -- but I'm quite happy with it.


















 Finally, you haven't seen Bucky for a while so I thought it was time for an update: He's old and cranky.  Looks like one of those geezers whose butt has gotten thin and his pants are too big!  This morning the bed was made (more or less) and there was a magazine in the middle waiting to be put away.  The whole expanse of bed, but...





3 comments:

Karendianne said...

Love the power-knit!
Totally dig the bags. Awesome!
...and so nice to see elder cat. Purrs...*kd.

Peggy Aront said...

Love your tote bag and love how you described Bucky :)

Hope all is well with you!!!!

Peggy

Barbara C said...

How would we get any knitting done without tv? I'm watching The Bridge on FX and we're on the last season of The Shield on Netflix. Your colors for the shawl are very nice, happy knitting ( and happy TV watching). Bucky looks like a tough cookie (and a sweetheart).