Saturday, March 16, 2013

not just for quilts...

Patchwork -- it's not just for quilts!

Last fall I ran across a small, crafty store that had adorable bathrobes made from multiple cotton prints. Cool idea! and something I could "borrow" to use up some of the small stash of flannels on my shelf.


Of course I ended up buying a couple of additional pieces... but I did use some from the shelf as well, honest.  The inspiration robe was a different style with a round collar and buttons, as I recall, but always preferred robe that wrap. These are not at all my usual colors, but I'm enjoying it!
This next piece is from a birthday block swap from my tiny yahoo group -- currently only 5 members! The block is "midnight moths" from quilters' cache. I hope to get it quilted up this weekend and hang it in the sewing room.

4 comments:

Carol E. said...

I love the robe! I also love making blocks. What's the name of your yahoo group? Do you want more members?

Libby Fife said...

I do love the idea of a patchwork robe! Great idea for using up scraps and blocks or ahem!, buying more fabric:)

Kay said...

What a cute robe, and what a wonderful idea! Pretty colors too.

Ольга Т. said...

Классный халат! Оригинальная идея.