Sunday, March 03, 2013

Bits and Pieces

I seem to have dropped off the face of the earth for a couple of weeks... my sister was visiting from Tasmania -- that's my excuse!  Very little sewing but a lot of knitting and bad television.  ("The IT Crowd" from Netflix, for instance -- hilarious!)

Here's a potpourri of projects I've finished up recently:

First up is round one of the Cotton Robin.  I've blocked out the center square to preserve the secrecy of the project -- it's going in the mail tomorrow to have another border added, and I'll start playing with the next round myself.
 I started these socks months ago -- they're called "Chain Drive" and I found the pattern and the yarn a bit boring. I was halfway through the second sock a couple of days before my sister was to leave, and she decided she liked them, so I knit like a madwoman to finish them up in time. Looks like they need a good blocking...
 One of my little local quilt groups did a 12" quilt swap recently and this was the one I made -- it's the God's Eye block from Quilters' Cache -- going back to my Berkeley in the 70's hippie roots, I guess -- and I think I need to make one for myself now.
 And more yarn stuff! Around Thanksgiving, I decided to make sweaters for the great niece and nephew, and found this cute "Jelli Beenz" yarn at a shop in Pacific Grove. Mia's sweater was mostly done by Christmas, but not quite.  I finished it in time for her birthday, and then whipped up Bane's blue sweater within a week.  That's DH Al providing the lap.


Last but not least, my first UFO finish of the year (pathetic, really...) is a table runner made from a Moda Martinique charm back, fashioned after this Bella table runner I ran across.

 More quilty content soon!





2 comments:

Kay said...

The babies and the sweaters are both beautiful. No need for excuses there!

Carol E. said...

Mia and Bane are adorable, and so are their sweaters.