Monday, December 31, 2012

topping it off

I've been chugging along getting some projects to flimsy stage the last few weeks, and here are some more for your viewing pleasure!

This one is from some of the Friday Block Party blocks I made a couple of years ago; I took all the ones with green in them for this top. It still needs some sort of border but I haven't run across the right fabric yet.

Next up is from a BOM project on a little Yahoo group I belong to. The fabrics are mostly Provence designs I bought in Paris about 7 years ago but I went a little out of line with the sashing and border.

Finally, this is the Christmas mystery from "A Pocket Full of Mysteries" this year -- it's called "Dashing Bachelor".  I think the design is quite clever, but I didn't like the construction method so much, because it resulted in some odd pressing maneuvers and some key seams not "nesting" as I would have liked.

And I am now officially sick and tired of sampler quilts with sashing and cornerstones! Here's to more creativity in the new year...

3 comments:

Libby Fife said...

Really like that second one a lot.

Hope your New Year's eve was peaceful and fun. Here's to another year!

Onnie said...

Hi! It's been a while, but I have been reading. You have some beautiful finishes here. I am jealous. I love the samplers. I thnk they are what I need. I hate repetition. Why am I a quilter???

I've started blogging again. I swear I have. Visit sometime!

http://quiltsbylois.blogspot.com/

Violette Severin said...

My favorite sampler quilt is the top one. Love thw colors.