Saturday, December 15, 2012

She's a Rainbow!

(apologies to Mick Jagger...)

I've finished my yearlong Rainbow Scrap Challenge top -- and here it is:


The final knot block ended up being mostly black with multicolor prints, and the border -- I hope -- ties the whole thing together.

I got sort of tired of making these blocks because every time I had the pieces arranged I'd manage to  get them all mixed up again.  Now it's done, though, I do like it pretty well.  And I have a huge supply of scraps for next year!

7 comments:

scraphappy said...

Congratulations! It looks great, though I can see how getting everything arranged just right could be tricky.

Deb said...

Your quilt came out great! I love your border.

Sheila said...

Your quilt turned out great! Love, love, love the border fabric.

Libby Fife said...

I like this one a lot and the border works great! Another nice finish:)

Quilter Kathy said...

It's awesome! I love it! So much to see and so fun!
What is next year's project?!

Andee said...

Love it, nice job!

quiltmom said...

This is a really lovely design- does it have a pattern available commercially?
How big is the quilt? I also love your quilt with the purple and turquoise curved pieces- really dynamic looking quilt.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.
Regards from Western Canada,
Anna