Tuesday, November 20, 2012

She's Got Ball *

Because I don't have enough crazy craft stuff going on in my life, I decided to take a class at the San Jose Quilt Museum in making Temari Balls -- I had seen and admired these for years and the class description made it sound reasonable. 

 

So -- it is an interesting process and I think the results are pretty cool even with the simplest of patterns. But I don't think I'm going to carry through with my idea of making them as holiday gifts for everyone!

*I love the crossword puzzles in the Sunday NY Times, and I'm always running about 3 months behind (saving them for my retirement, ha ha ha)  The last one I finished had the theme "Single-Minded" and it was full of silly puns like
"beginner magician's arsenal?" -- bag of trick 
"one who's read an encyclopedia's first volume?" -- man of letter

Hence the title of my post...

2 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

The ball really is beautiful -- but it looks like it would take forever.

Love the puzzle clues. The Sunday NYT crossword is always a bear, but when you crack the mindset, you feel so clever!

Nancy, Near Philadelphia said...

giggle