Monday, October 22, 2012

something new

It's the top of the 9th, in the 7th game of the division playoffs, and the Giants are ahead 9-0...  Go Giants!  (I'm a classic fair-weather baseball fan --- I only start paying attention when one of the local teams makes it into the post-season -- but how can you NOT get interested when your team is this close to the World Series?)

I finished a pair of socks tonight:


They're a pattern called Everyone Outta the Pool, and the yarn is Claudia Hand Painted in the "Carousel" color.  The yarn was fun and the pattern was quick to memorize and quick to knit.  The yarnovers in the pattern are meant to reduce the effect of pooling in variegated yarn and it does seem to work, judging by the difference between the ribbing at the top and the rest of the sock.  Now... what's next?

I also started a new quilt a couple of days ago.  I've had the pattern and the templates for a year or two; it's Canyon Dance by Tracy Trevethan. Surprisingly easy to put together the curved blocks!
These are hand-dyes from Starr Design Fabrics along with a couple of African prints. 

Still the 9th inning, Cardinals have two outs and two on base. I'm waiting for the sound of loud cheers from the tv in the other room so I'll know the game is over!  Yay! 9-0 -- can't beat that!

3 comments:

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Great fabrics in your Canyon Dance quilt.

Libby Fife said...

Looks like we got the win!

Great socks (I always think Birkenstock when I see those types of socks) and a great start on the quilt. The curves look really smooth.

imquilternity said...

I love, love, love your socks! Both the pattern and the colors. Is the pattern available on Ravelry? I definitely want to make a pair like yours!!