Saturday, October 27, 2012

bloggers' quilt festival

I always love the quilt festival -- a chance for me to show off something I've made that I really like, and to troll around the web seeing quilters I haven't "met" before and re-visiting "old friends"!


This is my favorite quilt of the year -- it's called Antipodes I and all of the print fabrics came from a trip to New Zealand a few years ago.  It's made from a pattern by Elizabeth Hartman. Here's a detail of the quilting by Sue Fox and my favorite bit of bird fabric.
 
Blogger’s Quilt Festival Stats
Finished quilt measures : 72 x90″
Quilted by : Sue Mary Fox, Berkeley
Best Category : wall quilt, throw quilt, Professionally Quilted


Be sure to go visit the Quilt Festival post to find links to the rest of the exhibit!

16 comments:

carol fun said...

This is such a cool quilt! To me it has a bit of a mid-century modern vibe that I love.

Lorna said...

What an awesome quilt. And what a great quilt to remind you of New Zealand!!

Margaret said...

uber cool design Julie!

CitricSugar said...

I love this quilt! Your tiny black strips are perfect - and I know how hard that is to do!

Gorgeous!

Eileen said...

Love this! Such an interesting design and your fabrics are beautiful. Nice quilting too. Thanks for sharing and have a great day

Carla said...

Very cool. I have this pattern. Must get on it.

Suz said...

This quilt pattern is on my list of things to do (which is very long), so it's nice to see it in a different colour way from the original. Coming from NZ, it's also nice to see some kiwiana fabric!

Quilting Babcia said...

I like this one a lot! Very interesting pattern too, have not seen it previously. Great job!

Libby Fife said...

Wow! I really like this one a lot. I don't normally work from a pattern but this one has me tempted.

Barbara C said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love the modern design and it's a great pattern to showcase your special fabrics.

audrey said...

Ooh I love this quilt! I really liked this pattern by Elizabeth Hartman, and it's nice to see your fabric choices!

a maidenhair fern said...

I absolutely love this quilt, I've got to make one. Where did you find Elizabeth's pattern of Avalon?

Marika Szabóne said...

Quilting Very nice work :)

Robin said...

Beautiful! All of the fabrics you chose just work so well together and the design is so graphic and fun-- it really makes those prints sing.

Nana said...

Lovely contemporary quilt!

M-R said...

I love your quilt! Gorgeous!