Monday, September 03, 2012

UFO progress report

I'm trying to keep up with the UFO challenge this year, and to that end I finished up the August project only a day late...

 This is a baby quilt made from a set of color blocks from a swap, maybe 5 or 6 years ago?  I filled in with a few solid colors; there's wonky stitch-in-the-ditch stitching around each block and then a floss tie in the middle. I think it will look even better once it's been washed.

September's UFO is another old set of swap blocks -- this time they're batiks with black.  I got ambitious today and have the top almost assembled, so there might be another finish to show off before too long.

4 comments:

Libby Fife said...

I like this one a lot. Nice clear colors.

I forgot to congratulate you on your show at the library. I hope it was successful-it looked like a good location and a great opportunity.

Margaret said...

Hey...I remember those blocks! Three years ago ;-)

katelnorth said...

I like these blocks - one for my scrap quilt idea pile, I think. Well done for finishing :)

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

I remember these blocks too! I took mine and donated it to my quilting bee to be made into a charity quilt. Isn't it great to get UFOs finished? :-)