Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Robins -- and my show

I've been doing a round robin project with my online group over the last few months -- this one was a little different because the coordinator sent out someone's center block and the same person did all the borders on it. There were rules for each border, too, such as "2 inches and all triangles" or "four inches with applique".

This is the robin that come home to me, made by my friend Lou Ann from Washington.  Her workmanship is exceptional...
 
 And this is the robin I created for Patty in Las Vegas -- I was happy to get to play with my stash of batiks!  It's a little hard to tell, but there's a yo-yo in the middle of each flower.
 In other news -- my town has a phenomenon called First Friday Art Murmur which stretches all through downtown and has thousands of people visiting galleries and shops and partying in the streets.  The Friends of the Library bookstore that I'm involved with decided to join in sort of unofficially (because we don't want to pay the fee) for a few months by hanging art in the store.  I am the guinea pig for the first month -- and here are a few photos of my "solo show"
 We had a little crowd for opening night (First Friday) and overall good feedback from the store's customers. I was hoping maybe I'd sell a quilt or two, but nothing so far! 
 Next week the quilts come down and a compilation of photographs, watercolor, and drawings by three store volunteers will go up.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Congrats on the show! What fun and an honor. You did an awesome job on the RR and the one Lou Ann did is fabulous!