Monday, June 25, 2012

a few tiny rants, no quilting

Are there things that you experience in daily life that, when they happen, you think "OMG, I HATE that!" and you have to tell someone how much you hate it?  So these are just a few random things I've been saving up to tell someone. 

- 2 days a week I ride a commute bus into the city for work. I like to sit near the front of the bus so I don't get queasy and I get on the bus about halfway through its route.  So I get on the bus and at least the first 8 rows have one person in each seat with their crap piled next to them so that you can't sit down without having some sort of confrontation and them sighing and rolling their eyes and muttering rude things about you.  I don't like confrontation, especially first thing in the morning. What makes these jerks (polite word for what they really are) think that they're so special that they get their own private seats on public transportation?  By the way, they cross all lines of gender, age, ethnicity, race...

- at one of the offices I work in, there's a guy in the next set of cubicles who has allergy issues. Not a big deal, so do I -- but he sneezes about 15 times a day, these HUGE WET sneezes that you can just imagine spraying everything on his desk. Creeps me out...    Dude, get the handkerchief out before you sneeze!

- and don't get me started about the whole guys-wearing-pants-that fall-down-around-their-asses thing, a "fashion" that should have died a painful death years ago. I've read several theories about how this got started, none of which help me to understand why it's still so popular.

Had enough?  Next time... quilting!


7 comments:

bidtl said...

The whole pants thing makes me laugh. When I drop my son off at the high school, I see the offenders struggling to hold their books with one hand and the extra large pants with the other. They end up waddling like ducks, so "cool". My husband says they look like Bazooka Joe, my son says "Who?". Silly fashions of youth.
Tracy

Nancy, Near Philadelphia said...

Mooooo!

Anonymous said...

I actually like to see people rant once in a while. Then I know that I'm not alone. We really don't have public transportation where I live, but I agree with you on the pants around the knees 'fashion' statement. I really don't understand it and it's not a pretty sight. Thanks for sharing.
cindy

Libby Fife said...

People seem to treat most of the world as their own private space:)

Rant on, my friend!

Julie in the Barn said...

Rant away. It doesn't solve anything but it does make one feel a little better. A glass of wine helps. Ranting while drinking said glass works even better. I agree with Nancy. Mooooo

vtquilter said...

Rant on! I agree on all three counts. Nice to know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

vtquilter said...

Rant on! I agree on all three counts. Nice to know I'm not the only one who feels this way.