Monday, May 28, 2012

what I have been doing...

I seem to have fallen off the face of the blogosphere (again) lately, but I've been busy doing some things I couldn't post!  I can now show you at least one of them...

There are block lotto blocks for June, which I can't yet show you, but they are so so cute and I really want to win a pile of them.

There's the Cotton Robin project that I finished quilting and mailed off last week to the wilds of Texas.

There's an old quilt top that is almost quilted -- just three sides of the outer border to go and maybe it will get done today because our satellite receiver has crapped out and we only get about 3 channels until the technician shows up on Wednesday  (basically everything  broadcast in HD doesn't show up, and you know everything is in HD now!)

There's a new quilt that just came back from being long-armed and I love it, and need to put the binding on ASAP.

And there's this little cutie that one of my mini-groups made as a going away gift for our fifth member who's moving 3000 miles away to Asheville, NC.

We each made a block in our own style and colors and I put them together into the quilt for her.  I thought it would be really easy for her to guess who made each block, but it really wasn't!  (Mine is in the lower right -- the colors show up badly... the background is actually cream with yellow dots and the turquoise is much brighter)

I'm not sure if anyone reading this lives near Asheville -- speak up if you do and I'll introduce you to my friend Susan...

1 comment:

silverwoodcircle said...

Thank you for putting together the lovely quilt as my going away present. and thanks for asking your followers if they know anyone near Asheville. Apparently none do, but one will soon!
Nice blog. gives me inspiration to document my new adventure. I'll keep you posted - and please keep in touch.