Sunday, April 08, 2012

Whackie World

I love this quilt!  It's a pattern called "whackie girl" that I first saw on Nancy's blog a couple of years ago. I made a tiny version of it for a swap, and then this big one from a FQ set of "Indigo" fabric.

Edited to add: the pattern is available only from the designer, Lorena Laumer, as far as I know. Send me a note if you'd like her address.
The backing is some wild & crazy stuff from the stash -- maybe I meant to make a curtain for the laundry room out of it?  The quilting was nicely done by Margaret in Maine, and you can find some detail photos here.
And I've been doing some knitting, too. My new technique is to have two pairs of socks going in rotation, so I don't have to do two of the same sock in a row!  This is a simple rib made from some Abstract Fiber "Matisse".

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

That is a really cool quilt!

Nancy, Near Philadelphia said...

LOVE your Whackie Girl!