Sunday, April 01, 2012

a tiny finish, and braggin' on my sister

 
This is my latest UFO finish -- finally. It's a tiny village, started in a class with Karen Eckmeier at least two or three years ago. I can't remember if it was at PIQF or Long Beach... 

Better, though, are these two fabulous baby quilts that my uber-creative sister made for her new grandies. She lives in Tasmania and loves the wildlife there, so she designed these fun quilts to highlight some of her favorite beasties.

 This one has a dingo and a bandicoot...
 And this one features a wombat and a ring-tailed possum...


The babies are at home and doing really well now, getting bigger and growing quickly.

5 comments:

Dianne said...

Adorable quilts, Julie...glad to hear the babies are doing so well!

In Oakland till 18 Apr...want to get together for tea?

Jay said...

Great little village!!! It reminds me of a Chagall painting!

Julie said...

The baby quilts are adorable and I love your village!

Sarah said...

The colours in your tiny village are wonderful. And the baby quilts are fab - lucky babies!!

Melinda said...

I just signed up to take the village class with Karen in June - I am looking forward to it.