Thursday, February 23, 2012

baby surprises

The twins are 10 days old now, still in NICU but everything seems to be improving daily.  The word is, they'll stay there for another month...
This is a picture my sister (Granny) took of them -- the first time they were sleeping together instead of in separate "bunks".  I don't know who knit those hats, but I think they'll take a while to grow into.

These sweaters will also take a while! They're the two Baby Surprise Jackets I finished up tonight, from Elizabeth Zimmermann's classic pattern. The second one definitely came out better than the first (it's a very strange pattern) but they were fun to do and I can see this becoming a go-to pattern.

6 comments:

Sue H said...

Oh, what sweet little babies, and what adorable sweaters!

Dianne said...

The twins are adorable, and so are the sweaters!

So sorry we had to miss your party, Julie, but believe me, you wouldn't have wanted us there and neither would the rest of your guests! Wold you believe that both of us are STILL fighting off the lingering effects of this cold...coughing and sneezing at night and early morning. Boo!

Libby Fife said...

Everything about this post is so cute! Those babies though are just so sweet. I don't know about you but I would wear those sweaters...:)

imquilternity said...

Love your sweaters...they look great! You're right..EZs pattern is very strange as you are knitting it. I suppose you are an "old-hand" at it now since you've done it twice. You are soooooo lucky - TWO darling babies!

Julie said...

Adorable babies and sweaters too!

Barbara C said...

Beautiful sweaters for the beautiful twins. I love the colors you picked.