Monday, January 23, 2012

still knitting

I credit Dianne for getting me into knitting lace -- somehow we started meeting up at a local teashop that's right next door to a yarn shop when she was in town on one of her fairly-frequent visits from Oz... and every time she had a wonderful lace shawl to show off!  

I started out small -- a garter stitch scarf with a ripple of lace around the border.  
Then a shawlette knit-along.
And now a full-blown shawl that measures about 65" across! I even bought a set of blocking wires, 'cause I know there will be more of this in my future...

It's the Stacy Shawl, from Wendy Knits Lace by Wendy Johnston. Made of Malabrigo Rios in the Pearl Ten color. Wendy writes terrific patterns, and her instructions are always impeccable...

2 comments:

Libby Fife said...

OK, so I really like these-especially that top one. Very delicate looking but so practical!

*karendianne. said...

What lovely work!!