Wednesday, December 28, 2011

sewn objects

This doesn't count as stuff actually quilted, but I have done quite a bit of sewing lately...

First up is a top I'm calling "Junior Executive". It's a disappearing 4-patch made from a couple of charm packs of an older Moda line called "City Traditions" -- looks like shirts and ties to me, and will make a great boy-baby quilt one of these days.
And then there's this set of blocks of the month from a Yahoo group I've been with for several years -- I picked the plaid out of my stash last January and used a different yellow each month.  I have a plan to set these with a sort of Attic Windows sashing.
 Next up is the "Oh My Stars" block of the month from planetpatchwork.com -- this was sort of a pain because the instructions were often late and had mistakes. I didn't really like my version until I got the second border on this afternoon; now it all ties together for me.  This will be a gift one of these days for an uber-nerdy, eagle scout nephew!
And last but not least -- here is Dorothy Young's Xmas mystery for this year. I made the "baby" size, which is about 40" x 40" and the pattern was terrific to do!
I was going to add one more picture, but blogger is acting up for a change and deletes my photos as soon as I upload them... too bad it can't be as diligent about deleting all the spam comments I get!

2 comments:

Barbara C said...

My you have been busy! Your quilts are gorgeous, every one. I think my favorite is the first: it's so modern looking.

Frederique said...

Wow, great job! Great quilts also!
Happy New Year to you and your family