Friday, December 09, 2011

finished objects

I am determined to quilt up at least one more UFO before the end of the year, since I'm doing pretty well so far with the "challenge".  Here's the latest:
It's from a Dorothy Young mystery at the end of 2009, and I call it "Monkey Town". I think it includes what is the last of my Funky Monkey fabric, which showed up in several quilts! I am a big fan of Dorothy's mysteries, as I may have mentioned before. They're very well written and not usually too intense.  Unfortunately she's only been doing one a year for the last couple of years.  If you're interested, there will be this year's starting around Christmas -- you can get the details by joining her Yahoo group called "A Pocket Full of Mysteries" 

And, I finished my never-ending brown wool scarf, so I can move onto something more colorful. I bought this one skein of wool in a small Wisconsin town; it was spun from the shop-owner's own sheep (hmm -- that doesn't sound right)  and I made up the pattern myself.  It looks pretty masculine too me, and since DH won't wear a scarf I think it will have to be gifted to one of my brothers!

1 comment:

Barbara C said...

What a nice looking quilt, it's very modern looking. Your scarf is beautiful as well. I always loose enthusiasm for scarves and shawls by the time I get close to the end, which I guess is how they end up a bit short sometimes. Nice job, I'm sure it'll find a good home.