Friday, November 11, 2011

round robin update

A couple of weeks ago (here) I threw out the idea of a bloggers' round robin project.  So far there are eight people interested and a few more who's arms could be twisted, I think...

Since the holiday madness is quickly approaching, let's plan on a January start for this.  Here is some preliminary information to get you thinking about it, though:

You will make a starting block that will eventually come back to you with a finished quilt around it. This block should be no larger than 8" square, but it doesn't have to be square. It should reflect the colors  /style / genre of the quilt you'd like to receive.

I would like for everyone involved in this swap to have had some previous swapping experience and to not be a complete beginner. So far, I know (virtually, anyway) all except one of the people who have asked to join in.  Please feel free to spread the information around to others you've successfully swapped with in the past -- the more the merrier!

12 comments:

Jay said...

Is it too late to sign up for the Round Robin? I have done several swaps and have done a round robin with local friends. I have been quilting for several years... My blog is www.ccsq.blogspot.com where you can check some of what I have done.

sophie said...

I realized just how far behind I am on reading blogs when I noticed the date on this post. I definitely want to play ... and will start seriously thinking about (and making) my starter block.

I did say I was interested, yes?

Musicmama said...

I too would love to be included. I've seen round robin designs but have never had the chance to participate in one. Please count me in.
Gwen

Kristin said...

I'd love to know more - time constraints, deadlines, etc. But I am interested.

- Kristin

Quilty Conscience said...

I too may be interested. What will be the approximate final size? I've done a couple of Bee's and several swaps on Flickr as smalltown97038. Thank you! Toni

Quilty Conscience said...

Oops! Don't know how to edit my comment. I just went back to the original post on the Round Robin. I am not interested in doing a small quilt. Maybe another time. Thankyou! Toni

QuiltSwissy said...

I would love to join in the round robin. I was the round robin leader for the Sassi Strippers Guild for the last three years. And I was Lotto Block chair for Remember Me Guild. Also I have been with two of Victoria's groups over at 15 minutes play exchanging blocks for the last 1 1/2 years. Lots of experience and I know where the post office is here!!!

Glen in louisiana

Andra Gayle said...

I would like to join in. i am a regular on the block lotto and you can check out my blog at simplifyandquilt.blogspot.com

j-andrew said...

I would like to join but my only experience swapping is with BlockLotto. Does that count? Let me know. Thanks, Andrew

Laurina said...

I'd love to join in and have been a Block Lotto regular for the past year.

Janet said...

I've been thinking about this...and I'd love to do it. I'm a block lotto regular. Thanks

Janet H now in AZ said...

I had been traveling so much it was impossible to join in anything. Block Lotto has been my first experience and I would love to be involved in doing a round robin. However I need to know if we are all adding the same things to each quilt as it comes to us?? Basic info so I don't dissappoint anyone.