Monday, October 24, 2011

stop it -- just stop it!

For some reason, in the last couple of months I've been plagued with spam comments from essay writing, dissertation writing, web promotion and other fly-by-night services around the world (lots in Russia and Ukraine, for some reason).  The comments aren't overtly objectionable, just totally irrelevant to anything I post on the blog.

Am I the only one with this problem?  I went back to having word verification, but that hasn't stopped the flow...  

I have no idea why these people would think that spamming my tiny little blog is going to bring them business -- to the best of my knowledge, none of my readers are looking for dissertations-for-sale. I know I'm not!

4 comments:

sophie said...

It's NOT just you. Like you, I wonder why spammers bother with blogs like mine with such low traffic.

Pat said...

A pox on them! I have never had the displeasure, but it sounds really annoying. May their dissertations get F's.

Vicki W said...

I get them too. They seem to come in waves. I have the ability to block IP addresses and key words so I do that in Typepad and it helps a lot.

The Calico Cat said...

I'm sure that by typing this I am going to be "in for it" but I am currently SPAM free - though I completely understand & am similarly perplexed.