Monday, October 24, 2011

PIQF Favorites

It's always so difficult to whittle down my PIQF photos to a few favorites, and my list of favorites changes each time I look at them!

That said, here's a little gallery, with captions underneath:
Color Values by Beth Nufur and Shelley Knapp

a detail of Color Values

Synchromesh by Mary Kay Price

The Squirrel's Speech by Barbara McKie

 A detail of one of the squirrels -- these are photos she took, and they're beautifully embellished with thread painting.

Fighting Dragons by Jan Soules
 View From My Window by Gisha Wogier

 Jump! by Lyn Banks

 Fern Pool by Gloria Loughman -- she taught classes at PIQF this year and I hope she comes back next year...

Papaver by Janice Gunner

There are a few more photos at my flickr site here. Hope you enjoyed the show!

5 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Holy crap, that first quilt is AWESOME! (No ribbon? She as robbed!)

Nancy, Near Philadelphia said...

Great quilts, great pics. LOVE Papaver!

Vicki W said...

I want that first quilt badly! It's amazing!

Kay said...

Great variety in your selection! Thanks for the post.

DPUTiger said...

Ooh, I love the first quilt and the squirrels. I miss having big/good shows in my area. There really isn't much here (and that's part of why I'm sewing less and less)