Monday, October 10, 2011

intermittent autumn

It rained at home last week while the weather was fabulous in Madison -- today it's raining again but the report has it heating back up to 80 later in the week. How confusing!

I bought a beautiful pumpkin on Saturday and we put it next to the front door on the porch -- tonight I came home from work and found this:
 I've never had that happen before! Squirrels, maybe?  It's not messy enough for raccoons.  Looks like they were trying to carve a nose in it for me...
This is orange month for the rainbow scrap challenge. I have only a pathetic little collection of orange scraps so I am thinking about a crazy-pieced pumpkin like this one I made for a swap a couple of years ago:
any other ideas?  I skipped the last two months so I feel like it's time to jump back in.

6 comments:

Libby Fife said...

Could it be birds or something?

Cute idea with the pumpkin-roll with it!

sophie said...

It might be something else, but I know from experience that squirrels love pumpkin. My neighbor in a duplex once decorated the front steps with small carved pumpkins--I think they were the kind that were meant for baking. The squirrels couldn't resist them. I once went out the front door and noticed a squirrel INSIDE one of them--the jack-o-lanterns were demolished in no time.

ma smalls said...

I can enlarge your orange scrap collection when I see you at PIQF.

scraphappy said...

A small place mat or wall hanging wouldn't need too many scraps. Orange looks great with black for fall....

Barbara C said...

I would have guessed snails got your pumpkin, except they don't leave "crumbs." Your crazy quilt pumpkin is really cute. I like the way the center triangle looks like one eye.

чехлы для iPad 2 said...

it could be anyone! or birds and rodents. but the idea itself is good) thanks for your post.