Saturday, September 24, 2011

down on the farm

I have some odd little collections of fabric, one of which is fruits and vegetables.  (a subset of this is cherries, but that's another story...)  Over the years I've made several "edible" quilts and tops, and now here's another one.

This used up a variety of little leftovers, and since it includes various farm animals I'm calling it "down on the farm".  It's based on a pattern called "Cake Mix" and since I didn't really plan it out, it ended up larger than I expected.

Piggies -- one of my favorites!

I've got several smaller quilts pinned for quilting so I'm hoping to have some finished objects to brag about soon.

In the meantime, here's a lovely little rose from my neighbor's yard -- looks like it's trying to peek over the top of the house to see what's going on at the front!
Has anyone tried the "updated blogger interface" ?  I just noticed the link at the top of the screen

8 comments:

Exuberant Color said...

when I first saw the quilt I thought it was all dotted fabric. I love fabrics that have a dotty appearance. The quilt is really cute.

I have been using the new interface for about a month. It is different but doesn't take long to figure out. You can hover the mouse pointer over things and some tell you what they are.

sophie said...

I was using the new (beta) blogger interface and mostly like it. The problem I had was that every time I edited the authors on the Block Lotto blog, it would ALSO switch the setting on who could read the blog lotto to the list that contained noone (except me) and I wouldn't know it had happened until I stated getting a lot of mail asking what happened to the blog ... your mileage may differ ;-)

Nancy, Near Philadelphia said...

I'm really, really liking that little quilt . . . .

Barbara C said...

Cute quilt! It really features the fabrics nicely.

Julie in the Barn said...

Cute quilt and a clever name. A scrap of your piggies ended up as a tumbler in my latest quilt.

Libby Fife said...

I really like that quilt! Something about those prints and the color is very appealing.

I haven't switched to the new interface. Blogger is frustrating enough as is for me:)

Sheila said...

Cute, cute quilt!!

The Calico Cat said...

I love love love mini prints! This is a great pattern - love how it showcases the fabric.