Monday, September 05, 2011

Cherry Pie

I have a ton of sets of blocks that have accumulated over the years (notice how I put that in the passive voice...) from swaps, block of the month projects, the lotto, and heaven knows where else -- and they're making me a little bit crazy! 

I'm in a tiny Yahoo group that's been doing a BOM for the last couple of years and after I finished up this year's blocks for August and September I decided to dig  through the drawer and revisit last year's set. 

Somehow I got a bee in my bonnet about them, and the result is "Cherry Pie".
I'm a bit tired of the "rectangular-sampler-with-sashing" layout, but it is a quick and effective way to deal with this sort of collection.  I did the one below a few years ago with a more exotic layout (and it was much more of a PITA, I might add) so I guess I need to find the happy medium...
On to the next stack!
 

2 comments:

Nancy, Near Philadelphia said...

Like!

Kay said...

The second one looks great, but I can see what you mean by PITA! Do you have Sharyn Craig's book Setting Solutions? She has good ideas, not necessarily too complex.