Wednesday, September 28, 2011

1 7/8

Tonight I finished up Yello Kitty, and I think it's pretty stinkin' cute...
And I allllllmost finished a UFO from a couple of years ago -- it just needs the binding, which I haven't dug out of the stash yet. It's a pattern called "Mosaic Tile" and it was a Dorothy Young mystery from her Yahoo list which has been quiet for a while.  Any suggestions for a new name for this one?
I did more quilting than usual on both of these, although it's hard to see in the photos. My free-motion stitches are getting more even and I'm less jerky -- but I still need to perfect the tension on the back.  Practice, shmactice, right?

Friday I'm off to the wilds of Madison, Wisconsin for a visit to the in-laws and (I'm hoping!) some walleye.



4 comments:

Melissa said...

Yello Kitty is so cute! I love how you used all the different tones of yellow :)

Nancy, Near Philadelphia said...

The Secret Life of Butterflies!

Barbara C said...

Great looking quilts! Those pesky bindings hold us up sometimes though, don't they.

The Calico Cat said...

Yellow Kitty - Can I steal that one, that cracks me up beyond compare - & might just motivate me to work on my pile of yellow kitty blocks.