Saturday, August 06, 2011

chirpy weekend

In the room where I sew (otherwise known as the back bedroom) there's a futon-sofa in front of a large window that looks out at a hedge of camellia and bamboo and then the neighbor's yard. Bucky spends a lot of time sleeping on top of the back of the futon
 and a pair of annoying towhees spend a lot of time hopping around the camellia bushes and cheeping incessantly.  I love birds, I really do -- but these guys have one note and one note only, and it gets pretty tiresome! 
 Of course it would also be more interesting if they were something more than plain brown...  although they do have a tiny patch of orange under the tail, and maybe under the chin. 
 They have some beautiful cousins that are brilliant with orange breasts and black wings with white spots, but I haven't caught one with the camera yet; the spotted towhees are much more reclusive.

In quilty news... the scrap challenge Posts and Rails quilt is done:
and I have two more quilts pinned and ready for quilting!

6 comments:

Libby Fife said...

The quilt looks great!

I always love the Bucky posts. He is very handsome. Our cats gravitate towards the back of the sofa also. I think they like being up high.

Greta said...

nice job on the quilt. I generally don't like rail fence all that much but you've made it interesting.

katelnorth said...

What a good idea, Julie - another one for my scrapbusting year, I think. Looks really simple, too!

JoyceM said...

I like your scrappy Posts & Rails quilt. I've been thinking about doing this pattern with a jelly roll, but wasn't sure if it would work, & now I see that it will. Thanks for posting your pic. I'm not positve, but I think the towhees with the black wings are the males & the dull ones are the females. Your cat has the best spot in the world for bird watching.

essay help said...

cat so cute))

Barbara C said...

Nice quilt! I really like the bold graphic design.