Sunday, July 10, 2011

weekend notes

This month's scrappy rainbow colors are red, white & blue. I was wandering around Judy Martin's website the other day and came across her "block of the moment" call Posts and Rails, and decided it would work well for these patriotic colors.  And then I rummaged in the scrap bins a bit and found enough strips for 12 blocks.  Here are the first 3 -- they're quite quick to do! (the blue strips in the photo aren't showing up as blue as they should be...)



And, as promised -- here are my first to Farmer's Wife blocks, #45 and 49
The next two out of my manual-random-number-generator are 71 and 83.

7 comments:

make.share.give said...

Post and Rails blocks are really neat- never seen it before. Just think of all the secondary patterns they're gonna make.

Quilter Kathy said...

That BOM looks like a great user of scraps!

scraphappy said...

I really like that pattern, it isn't one I've seen before. Great work n the farmers wife blocks. I like the idea od using a random number generator. I often spend more time deciding what block to make than working on it.

Betty Lou said...

I like Posts and Rails, it looks very modern but yet traditional. Will check out Judy Martins site, thanks for sharing such an original block.

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

I've never seen Posts and Rails either; looks fun and QUICK!
Secondly, I have been working the the Midget Blocks by Sentimental Stitches; IN ORDER! However, your random-number-generator idea is tempting to try :0) Maybe that'll be my plan for the rest of the summer. One-a-day. Kinda fun :0)

Ellen said...

I have not seen that pattern before either - looks great!

Barbara C said...

Your basket block really caught my eye. It's very different from Posts and Rails, but they're both beautiful.