Friday, July 08, 2011

Robin flies home

Several months ago I started a Row Robin with a little Yahoo group I've been with for years... I think I showed my first row of maple leaves on the blog.  Well, all of my rows arrived home a couple of days ago (actually, they're individual blocks rather than rows) and I'm just so pleased with them!
I just slapped them all up on the wall, so they'll probably  be rearranged a few times before I decide on a layout.  
I'm sort of tired of regular sashing and cornerstones (I keep saying that and then I do it again) so I'm open to any suggestions for how to spice this up a little, layout-wise!  They're 9" blocks, so right now it's 45" x 54".

6 comments:

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Those are so pretty! Hmm, how about making the quilt a wee bit bigger and making some small maple leaf blocks to fit in between the big ones a la Kaffe Fassett?

katelnorth said...

Or, what about, choose a single background colour you like (or carry on with the neutral behind the blocks - oh, or you could use blue, like a sky?) and sash around each block individually, wider than you want the sashing to be, then trim them askew at different angles, but to the same size; they'd then look a bit like they were floating down through the air to the ground...

Nancy, Near Philadelphia said...

"Like!"

Catherine said...

Or play around with something on point and a few alternate blocks

Morah said...

What fun!

Libby Fife said...

I just love those maple leaves! One of my favorites to look at but I have never made any:)