Tuesday, June 07, 2011

my poor, sad zinnias

Can you count the snails in this picture?

I planted a 6-pack of orange zinnias about 10 days ago... just when they started to settle in, the marauding hordes arrived, and now there are just stems. The snails had been leaving the (old) pansies alone but since the zinnia supply is gone they're taking out the pansies, too. I can't tell you how many snails I've pitched into the street already! Wicked, I know...

Don't forget the "Happy Villages" giveaway -- leave a comment if you'd like to be entered in the drawing tomorrow.

Next up: super-heroes!

1 comment:

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Oh no! Someone once told me to sprinkle broken eggshells around your plants to prevent snails. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like a reasonable attack in the war on snails. :-)